There are many fun and creative ways to connect with the tarot and develop your reading skills, and here’s a little Tarot game you can play.
Let’s play Tarot Guidance in 4 Words – #tarotguidancein4words
How it works:
Shuffle your deck and pull a card.
Come up with a meaningful message in just four words that relates to the card. It should be a phrase or sentence, not just a set of keywords.
You can also apply this reading method to spreads, and in order to demonstrate it, I have used the Celtic Cross:
- Present Situation – The Tower: Break down, break through.
- What is crossing it – King of Cups: Be kind to yourself.
- Heart of the Matter – The Emperor: Put your foot down.
- Past influences – Knight of Pentacles: Persevere despite slow progress.
- Attitudes and Beliefs – Seven of Swords: Watch out for dishonesty.
- Near Future – Three of Swords: Heal your broken heart.
- You as you are – Ace of Cups: Embrace love around you.
- How others see you – Five of Pentacles: In need of help.
- Advice – Two of Wands: Take a new direction.
- Outcome – The Empress: Create your dream life.
Despite its brevity, a 4-word message can offer great insight, which is useful for daily journaling.
And perhaps at the end of the month your daily guidance messages connect and tell a story…
Here are some more ideas for the High Priestess:
• Still waters run deep
• Listen to your intuition
• Don’t rush, be patient
• Turn away from noise
• Silence reveals what’s hidden
And here are some for the Wheel of Fortune:
• Time to be flexible
• Change will bring growth
• Go with the flow
• Win some, lose some
• Your luck will change
I could go on as I’m having fun with this exercise, but now it’s over to you.
Please do share your #tarotguidancein4words with me on social media. I’d love to see your interpretations.
Share your ideas on social media (works great on Instagram) with #tarotguidancein4words and tag me @cosmicfaery
You can also use your oracle cards #oracleguidancein4words