The planets are linked to Major and Minor Arcana cards in the Tarot.
A while ago, I looked at the moon cards in the Tarot and noticed some interesting visual connections.
Here are some of my observations of the sun cards in the Tarot.
The best deck to use for this exercise is the Rider Waite Smith (RWS) Tarot.
On a visual level, we can see a connection between Strength and the Six of Cups. There is interaction between the two main figures.
I also see a link between Strength and the Four of Pentacles. The woman and man are holding on to something.
And yes, The Sun and Strength both depict people with animals.
I leave you to explore more visual similarities and what they could mean.
What additional interpretations does the sun as a planet add to each card it corresponds with?
Here are some suggestions:
- The Sun – primary link with the sun, which in astrology represents the ego, life force and creativity. Additional interpretations therefore could be confidence, extroversion, selfishness, survival instinct, hedonism.
- Strength – linked to the zodiac sign Leo, which is ruled by the sun. Strong physical energy, vitality, health and resilience.
- Ten of Swords – Here, the sun represents a new beginning, new life, new opportunity, birth, resilience, survivor spirit, looking at the bright side, blessing.
- Three of Wands – optimism, focus, alert, enthusiastic, adventure spirit, creative drive, ambition.
- Six of Cups – contentment, benevolence, joy, nurture.
- Eight of Pentacles – job satisfaction, vocation, workaholic, creative energy
- Four of Pentacles – selfishness, self-protection, possessiveness
These are just a few ideas. Explore the cards and see what else you can find that relates to the sun – additional interpretations or visual connections.
Also bear in mind that the sun adds the element of Fire to each card.
If you would like to learn step-by-step more about astrology and how to apply it in your Tarot work, then check out my Tarot Astrology self-study course, where you can download the complete planet exercise together with some funky journaling sheets.