Patience is a virtue.
Or is it?
I have been brought up to be patient, to avoid short-fused hot-tempered reactions, to take my time rather than rushing, to be patient with myself while trying to learn a new skill etc.
But along the way I have noticed that sometimes patience was holding me back.
Like when I was patiently
- tolerating toxic people, hoping they would change
- sticking with a shitty relationship, hoping it would miraculously turn into something wonderful
- enduring a dead-end job, hoping its boredom and lack of spirit wouldn’t kill me
- serving and giving my all, hoping that one day I would be appreciated
It can be easy to confuse patience with not setting boundaries.
Because patience often requires effort, it can be exhausting after a while.
So when you pull Patience from the Cosmic Journaling Oracle deck, you can ask yourself:
- Do I need to be more patient, or is it time to set some boundaries?
- Who is testing my patience? Is it worth it?
- In the past, in what situations should I have been more patient and why? And when did patience not serve me but stopped me from moving forward?
- How do other people show patience towards me (in a family setting, amongst friends or at work)? Have I tested their patience?
Patience is a virtue, but it can also be a curse. How is patience serving you?