Patience is a virtue.
Or is it?
I have been brought up to be patient, to avoid short-fused hot-tempered reactions, to take my time rather than rushing, to be patient with myself while trying to learn a new skill etc.
But along the way I have noticed that sometimes patience was holding me back.
Like when I was patiently
- tolerating toxic people, hoping they would change
- sticking with a shitty relationship, hoping it would miraculously turn into something wonderful
- enduring a dead-end job, hoping its boredom and lack of spirit wouldn’t kill me
It can be easy to confuse patience with not setting boundaries.
Because patience often requires effort, it can be exhausting after a while.
So when you pull Patience from the Cosmic Journaling Oracle deck, you can ask yourself:
- Do I need to be more patient, or is it time to set some boundaries?
- Who is testing my patience? Is it worth it?
- In the past, in what situations should I have been more patient and why? And when did patience not serve me but stopped me from moving forward?
- How do other people show patience towards me (in a family setting, amongst friends or at work)? Have I tested their patience?
Patience is a virtue, but it can also be a curse. How is patience serving you?