Here are some of my observations of the sun cards in the Tarot.
The best deck to use for this exercise is the Rider Waite Smith (RWS) Tarot.
On a visual level, we can see a connection between Strength and the Six of Cups. There is interaction between the two main figures.
I also see a link between Strength and the Four of Pentacles. The woman and man are holding on to something.
And yes, The Sun and Strength both depict people with animals.
I leave you to explore more visual similarities and what they could mean.
What additional interpretations does the sun as a planet add to each card it corresponds with?
Here are some suggestions:
- The Sun – primary link with the sun, which in astrology represents the ego, life force and creativity. Additional interpretations therefore could be confidence, extroversion, selfishness, survival instinct, hedonism.
- Strength – linked to the zodiac sign Leo, which is ruled by the sun. Strong physical energy, vitality, health and resilience.
- Ten of Swords – Here, the sun represents a new beginning, new life, new opportunity, birth, resilience, survivor spirit, looking at the bright side, blessing.
- Three of Wands – optimism, focus, alert, enthusiastic, adventure spirit, creative drive, ambition.
- Six of Cups – contentment, benevolence, joy, nurture.
- Eight of Pentacles – job satisfaction, vocation, workaholic, creative energy
- Four of Pentacles – selfishness, self-protection, possessiveness
These are just a few ideas. Explore the cards and see what else you can find that relates to the sun – additional interpretations or visual connections.
Also bear in mind that the sun adds the element of Fire to each card.
If you would like to learn step-by-step more about astrology and how to apply it in your Tarot work, then check out my Tarot Astrology self-study course or work with me. On both pages you can download the complete planet exercise together with some funky journaling sheets.
Transform your life this year:
Make sure you subscribe to my feed to receive the latest news and Tarot articles straight into your inbox when published.
You can also connect with me on